วันจันทร์ที่ 2 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

LG 42PA4500 42-Inch 720p 600 Hz Plasma HDTV


LG 42PA4500 42-Inch 720p 600 Hz Plasma HDTV

Owning a SONY Bravia LCD and a Panasonic Viera plasma I knew I preferred the plasma and decided on this LG 50-inch for its hard to beat price. I considered it a secondary TV to my larger 1080p Panasonic so didn't mind this one's 720p resolution. After living with it for a few weeks, I'm happy with that decision and I would rate the picture very highly, with a couple minor reservations.

Some say you can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080, but I definitely can see the individual pixels when I'm within a few feet of the screen, and there is a slight difference on small, sharply edged images, like the ESPN screen crawl for example. If it's your habit to sit five or six feet from the TV you might want to spend extra for a 1080; but the farther you get from the screen the less difference between the two. At 10-12 feet this is an excellent picture, very close to my 1080 Panasonic.

The other niggle is that the screen is highly reflective, which can be annoying in brightly lit rooms. The picture itself is not to blame -- it is as bright and vibrant as my SONY Bravia.

There is a handy setup menu for adjusting the picture, Picture Wizard II, which will get you very close to ideal and there are plenty of adjustments to tinker with to get it how you like it from there.

I've read that LGs can't compete with Panasonics in black levels, but I don't notice a difference on my sets, and other than the subtle differences mentioned above, the two are extremely similar.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น