วันจันทร์ที่ 2 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

LG Cinema Screen 55LM6700 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses


LG Cinema Screen 55LM6700 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses

I have been using my TV for about 4-days now. I know Amazon has a separate shipping/packaging review area so I won't let what happened reflect on this rating, but I do want to mention that the TV was shipped in the store box with no additional packaging or protection. The first TV arrived with a cracked screen, but Amazon overnighted another TV (packed the same way) and it arrived OK.

I bought this TV based on my experience testing one at a local electronics store. I was really impressed with the 3D quality using passive glasses which was a requirement for me (I did not want active shutter); I also really liked the remote. I found it super easy to type in the search fields and to make on-screen selections. It's very accurate and easy to use. And since the TV also has an IR receiver I was also able to add the TV to my Logitech Harmony 880 remote as well.

It has taken some time learning how to use all the TV features correctly because the owner's manual is weak, which is probably my biggest complaint. It took me a while to figure out what all the 3D setup options were and what all the selections were for. The on-screen interface is very cool and super easy to navigate; especially with the magic remote. The only thing lacking that I wish it had is Pandora radio. There must be some legal reason because when I use the TVs web browser and go to Pandora.com there is no audio. IN LG SmartTV there are a lot of free apps, including some cool 3D programing.

Picture quality is great with plenty of brightness. I was impressed that it was to my liking right out of the box. There is a short setup process when you first turn it on that lets you turn the energy saving feature on/off (I chose off) and if the TV is in a store/home (I chose home). It has no more or less light bleeding than any other LED TV I sampled, and has no light leakage. My Samsung had a more even backlighting, but that is only noticeable when it's a black screen; and seems to be a problem with a lot of LED TVs (all the ones I looked at anyway. One thing I would like to point out is that I seem to get the best 3D experience when the room is completely dark. I normally watch TV with a soft light behind the TV, but I now turn it off when I'm watching 3D. Glare also really impacts the 3D quality.

To top all of this off, the TV is one of the most beautiful sets on the market. I replaced a 40" Samsung LCD, and I was worried that this 47" might be too big in the same space; but because it is almost frameless it is only 1" wider (the Samsung had a distracting thick, high gloss frame). It has a sleek modern design with brushed metal accents. The stand is a very heavy plastic with a matching brushed metal finish.

All-in-all I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I feel I got a great price and I love the package deal from Amazon that included LG AG-F216 Cinema 3D Glasses Family Pack (6-Pairs) for 2011 LG 3D LED-LCD HDTVs and the LG NB3520A 300W Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer.

***UPDATE***

After using it a bit more I wanted to add a couple things:

The light bleeding I mentioned earlier is only noticible on the initial startup splash screen where the LG logo is on a black background. Once the TV warms up there is almost no noticable light bleed on dark scenes. I am very happy with this.

When watching a movie from a flash drive, the play, pause, forward, rewind, buttons on my Harmony remote don't do anything. I have to use the magic remote.

We watched the Immortals in 3D and the effects were nothing short of amazing. We are so happy with this TV.

***UPDATE 2***

If internet access and Apps are important to you, you might be disappointed. To me the LG Smart TV Apps are pretty much worthless. I like Netflix, Amazon VOD, Pandora Radio, iHeart Radio, and Slacker Radio. The only one that this TV has is Netflix (it does work well). The TV has a decent web browser, but when I go to any of the radio websites they block the sound. Navigating Amazon Prime VOD is just a terrible experience and not worth the effort. I will be connecting my Logitech Review back to the TV. Bottom-line: Great hardware, disappointing web connectivity.

If this were a 10-star rating system I'd give the TV an 8.5
The 3D really impresses.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น