วันจันทร์ที่ 2 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50 60-Inch 1080p Full HD 3D Plasma TV


Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST50 60-Inch 1080p Full HD 3D Plasma TV

Well, I use the term 'perfect' by most people's standards. I'm sure professioanl calibrators and very picky videophiles can find numbers to show where there can be a lot of improvement, just as with all tvs, However, I likely represent the majority in what constitutes being considered almost perfect for a tv.

I certainly have not had the tv calibrated or even changed the settings much. However, the picture is stunning as it is and calibration would only make it that much better, although possibly less stunning for those who want that more than realism. :) I would say the contrast is too high and for me personally there seems to be too much of a reddish skin tone, but all of that can be dealt with when I feel like changing settings.

The bottom line is that the picture is great, to my eye the blacks seem very good, audio is the best of any tv I have tried, the price is amazing, the awesome uniformity and viewing angles of plasma, improved motion compared with last year (apparently), etc...

I say the audio is awesome, but keep in mind I have only been using tv speakers for years and years, so I am not comparing with surround systems. As horrible as most tv speakers sound, though, these sound better to me. During normal tv shows, the news, etc... I was thinking it sounds too "off in the distance". But when I watched Sucker Punch and had the volume a bit louder, I was amazed at the bass and just overall substance of audio. Maybe I am mistaking bad audio for good audio just because it's different, but it sounds good to me personally and someone online ahd said Panasonic apparently did some change in speakers, which would explain the differences.

The only negatives I can come up with, which are quite minor, are:
1. Puts out a TON of heat. Even for plasma, it seems much warmed to me than the st30 sets did. Maybe I have it brighter than I did on those though.
2. Only 3 hdmi inputs.
3. Only one hybrid composite/coomponent input. So you can only use ONE out of those two types combined.
4. At first didn't ntoice you have to go to the input list and press an arrow button to set it to component or else if yuo use a component hookup it is treated as composite and the picture is only black and white.
5. No audio/headphone jack. I have tried many tvs from 2011 and a couple 2012 tvs and almost all of them had this, but the Panny does not.

All minor things to deal with in exchange for great picture quality and sound quality. The only way I will be returning it is if I can't get it to stop hurting my head. I've had tons of both plasma and eld sets bothering my head or eyes. This is not much different. It feels like something tightened around my head when I watch it. Maybe flicker, maybe reflections, maybe who knows what else. I'm going to be depressed if I have to return such a great tv because I've tried most everything else and nothing with great picture quality is easy on my head and eyes for some reason.

The GT50 sets come out this month and are likely to be technically better, but not worth the $700 or so extra in cost, I personally believe. On paper, anyway. The only real differences are THX certified mods (which still won't be accurate enough since everyone has different viewing environments), an extra hdmi port, and supposedly twice as many color gradations or w/e it's called. So for $700 you're basically getting an extra port and barely noticable picture changes is my assumption. COuld always be that it ends up better though. :)

Oh i forgot to add this still has the buzzing like the ST30 as far as my set goes. About 5 feet away it was loud enough to hear while watching a movie. I just think the picture is worth all of this. I tried the Sony HX929 and even a second 929 set as well. Both had very slight flashlighting, the blooming is absolutely horrible, as are the uniformity and viewing angles. I think a lot of people who review that set just want to feel it's worth the money when theyr ate it so highly. I do think it's MUCH better at getting rid of flashlighting and bleedthrough than edge lit sets, but it costs double their price as well.

I did not test this tv in 3D yet. I was going to get the 2012 blyetooth panasonic 3d glasses, but I dont want to have to pay to ship them back if I cant keep this tv due to my head issues.

EDIT: lol Just noticed someone on another site sayigng I'm a troll; for mentioning that this puts out a ton of heat. Yes, they caught me. Indeed someone rating this 5 stars is trolling by saying the truth that it puts out more heat than others. i tried several ST30 sets and the Samsung PN51D7000 and never noticed as much heat as this one. now the pastc ouple days I ahve not ntoiced it as MUCH, but it'ss till mroe than those other models. To the point where I feel a layer of heat if I am standing a foot or two from the tv. Definitely not only the back of it. Also the buzzing is louder than I would like and as bad as the 2011 ST sets.

Also I forgot to mention that the anti-reflective layer gets rid of nearly all reflections. It still looks nothing like matte, but it's much better than most other glass screen tvs.

EDIT 2: For whatever reason, the tv seems to be putting out a lot less heat now. I'm not sure why. Maybe related to brightness levels I am using.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น