วันอังคารที่ 3 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Panasonic VIERA TC-L42ET5 42-Inch 1080p 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses


Panasonic VIERA TC-L42ET5 42-Inch 1080p 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses

I just purchased one of these 47" LED Sets to replace a 2 yr old LG LED 46" TV. There was nothing wrong with the LG, but I wanted to check out something newer (lots have changed in 2 yrs and when the time is right, I upgrade). I had also considered going up to a 50" set. After doing much research and viewing at local stores, I happened upon the Panasonic TC-L47ET5...I was totally impressed by it's 2d picture; but what interested me more, was its ability to do a bit of 2D>3D conversion on certain sources (Like Blue Ray DVDs, especially).

I did not purchase the set from Amazon, since I do not like having to go thru the hassle of a return on a large, heavy, delicate Internet purchase, if need be; Otherwise Amazon would have gotten my business...(I got this at an amazing price, on sale, at one of the Big local stores)IMHO...Panasonic is back in the game now since Samsung, Sony, and LG have, of late, been in the limelight

Now on to my review:
1) After reviewing the manual, I was concerned at its lack of clarity and detail...Then I found out why! The entire setup and even the advanced setup was extremely simple, even for a newbie just getting a first HDTV! I mean REALLY simple + there is actually a help function (E-Manual built into the set. Upon powering up the 1st time, I was presented by the basic setup screen (as has become the Norm)...from there on, simplicity was the word of the day!

2) The set is very light (weight), but NOT lacking in features at all. As a previous reviewer mentioned, he was not happy about its DNLA performance....; since I do not use DNLA anyway, I can not comment there. It does not appear to be mentioned, but the Wi-Fi is built in and does NOT require an adapter as in previous models. Wi-Fi was simple for an internet connection. It came with the latest firmware, which can be D/L over wi-fi when/if needed. There is also a "reminder" option (that can be switched on or off)that checks to see if a new version is available, and flashes the notice on the screen.

I do not use the smart system, but The TV did do a software update, when I tested a few of the apps). If I want to stream, I do it thru my new Samsung Bluray player BD-E6500. I was actually looking for a TV without the "smart" feature, but choices are limited and I DID get the Panny at a great price!(After setting up the advanced features and turning OFF the automatic NR, Contrast etc, it was time for a test. I have Not owned a Panasonic product since my last (7rrs ago)50 inch 720P Plasma TV.

3) 2D actually was better on the Panasonic than it was on the LG! Blacks are really black and I have not noticed and back light edge flaring what so ever. NOW THE MAIN REASON I GOT THIS INSTEAD OF A SAMSUNG OR OTHER BRAND.
2D>3D CONVERSION!!! I HAVE PLAYED WITH IT A BIT AND CAME AWAY VERY IMPRESSED. No it will not work on all sources or media, when it gets into a scene that lends itself to the conversion, I AM IMPRESSED....It also uses passive 3D glasses NOT ACTIVE! I can't wait to find a BluRay REAL 3D disc to purchase, as the Media for all 3d is quite limited.
The Panny also has the 24 FPS option, but I think that is probably marketing. Even a SD (standard) definition Avatar convers beautifully!

The only concern I had was the component Video Inputs...After examining the rear of the set (at the store) I found a small rectangular port with 2 prongs on it. (above it was some writing that mentioned Component in) This is the strangest thing I have ever seen. It is actually a converter (actual converter IS INCLUDED in the box. While it through me, but, it simply works. Interestingly, the Component in is connected to my Pioneer receiver, then the signal is converted to HDMI compatible, then output from the Pioneer to the New Panasonic TV!
Total setup time, including the stand attachment, took less than 20 minutes

4) It has (4) 1.4 HDMI inputs, and what I really needed was a set with a set of Component Inputs (I still have an 8ft dish with a 4DTV receiver which does not have HDMI or DVI out. It is my main video source, but with
I already had a 3D pass thru on my Pioneer Receiver, HDMI 1.4 cables and the Samsung 3D Bluray player which has all the features needed

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น